Friday, July 19, 2013

Lectio: 7.18.1

Lectio: 7.18.1

Mt 12.1-8

Meditatio: "The Pharisees took counsel against Jesus to put him to death...And in his name the Gentiles will hope." Mt 12.14...21

Oratio: "O God, we can be so ungrateful at times.
I remember the religious elite took counsel against Jesus because He allowed His disciples to pick grain heads and eat them on the Sabbath forgetting that even the Prophets of Old had declared that God desires mercy and not sacrifices.
Grant that I may be ever grateful that His disciples did not buy into their ways for as a Gentile I have been greatly blest through Jesus.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying to you/

Operatio: reflect on "his name...Gentiles"; Jesus' rejection by the Jewish elite continued even after His death and resurrection; led to evangelization of the Gentiles to their great joy. In prayer seek the grace to spread the Good News to those whose lives I touch for that is the least I can do for those who handed on the faith in Jesus, my God and my King.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 10.38-42

No comments:

Post a Comment