Saturday, July 13, 2013

Lectio 7.13.13

Lectio:Lk 10.26-37

Meditatio: "Which of these three, in your opinion, was neighbor to the robber's victim? He answered 'The one who treated him with mercy'." Lk 10.36-36


Oratio:  O God, You have offered us a share in eternal life.

I remember You gave us a very simple guideline to follow-'Love You and our neighbor as ourselves.'

Grant that I may ever remember the parable of the Good Samaritan and
never seek to restrict ‘who is my neighbor’ and I will attain to the goal You set forth for us.

I ask all things through Jesus Christ who lives and reigns with You, and the Holy Spirit. One God, forever and ever.

Operatio:  reflect on " which ...three...neighbor?' the other is always my neighbor and I ask the grace to treat all with compassion showing not only pity but actively reaching out to help my neighbor.

Tomorrow's reading:  Mt 10:34-11.1

No comments:

Post a Comment