Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lectio: 7.11.13

Lectio:Mt10.16-23                                                                      

Meditatio: "Behold, I am sending you like sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and simple as doves.” Mt 10.16

Oratio: "O. God, how You care for us and our concerned for us!

I remember Your Son sent forth disciples but instructed them to be very careful as they would be like sheep among wolves.

Grant that I may do my part to spread the Good News but in doing so to be simple like a dove but also shrewd so as to avoid the obstructions that Satan will put up.

I ask this and all things through Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God, for ever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying to you,

Operatio: reflect on "shrewd... serpents....simple ....doves”; Jesus advice to His disciples; use their God given talents to spread the Good News but do so in a way that is non-threatening to the hearer.  In prayer ask for the grace to use the talent I have been given to better serve the Lord by better serving those whose lives I touch and do so by  advocating for the Lord but in a gentle and persuasive way.

Tomorrow's reading: Mt 10:24-33

No comments:

Post a Comment