Monday, July 29, 2013

Lectio: 7.29.13



Mt 13.36-43                                        

Meditatio: "He [Jesus] said in reply,’He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man, the field is the world, the good seed the children of the kingdom. The weeds are the children of the evil one’.” Mt 13.37-38

Oratio:"O  God, You are so kind to us as to give us life and hope.

I remember Your Son declared that the children of the Kingdom are the good seed which He sowed in this world - and He does time and time again through baptism.

Grant that I may be ever grateful for the good seed He has planted in me and may I bear the fruit that He expects of His brothers and sisters.

I ask all things through Jesus Christ who lives and reigns with You, and the Holy Spirit. One God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying to you.

Operatio: "good seed...weeds”; members of the Kingdom here on earth but only those who produce the good fruit will be members of the everlasting kingdom. In prayer ask and apply the grace to live out my baptismal dignity and I will bear the fruit that Jesus expects and deserves.

Tomorrow's reading: Mt 13.44-46         

No comments:

Post a Comment