Sunday, July 14, 2013

Lectio: 7.14.13



 Mt 10:34-11.1                     

Meditatio: "Jesus said to his Apostles: ‘Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth. I have come to bring not peace but the sword’.” Mt 1034


Oratio:  O God, You have offer us a clear choice - Your Son or perdition!

I remember Your Son declared that He had come not to bring peace but division for He knew some would not accept Him and in their rejection He would be a source of conflict even among family members. But for those who accept Him and His disciples would not lose their reward - life eternal with the Trinity!

Grant that I may ever remember that the Good News will not be accepted by all and pray that despite the division this will cause, that I will always have the grace to accept it and to remain faithful to it.

I ask all things through Jesus Christ who lives and reigns with You, and the Holy Spirit. One God, forever and ever.

Operatio:  reflect on " peace ...sword”; a symbol of conflict or division; in prayer seek the grace to remain faithful to the Good News and do my part to spread it and allow God to deal with the conflict that might ensue and He will bring good out of it.

Tomorrow's reading:  Mt 11.20-24  

No comments:

Post a Comment