Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Lectio 7.16.13



Mt 11.25-27                                                           

Meditatio: "All things have been handed over to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him.” Mt 11.27

Oratio:  O God, You gave us Your Son so that through Him we would come to know You - how gracious and kind of You!

I remember Your Son proclaimed the Good News and sent His disciples to do likewise and through their successors we have come to know it and most importantly to know You.

Grant that I may respond to the Good News and live it in accordance with Your will and one day I shall see You as You are.

I ask all things through Jesus Christ who lives and reigns with You, and the Holy Spirit. One God, forever and ever.

Operatio:  reflect on " Son...reveal him”: to make known, Jesus made known His Father and the fact that He and the Father are One and that we are infinitely loved by the Father. In prayer seek the grace to live as I ought so that one day I shall see my God face to face and be with Him for all eternity.

Tomorrow's reading:  Mt 11.28-30  

No comments:

Post a Comment