Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Lectio: 7/17/13

Lectio: Mt 11.28-30                                                           

Meditatio:"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest."  Mt 11:29

Oratio: " O God, You are our refuge and strength and strong support because You love us so.

I remember Your Son invited us to come to Him when we are burdened, and we will find rest.
Grant that I may be ever grateful to and Your Son and obtain the grace to fly unto You whenever I am in need for that is be of the many blessings for having You as my Father and Jesus as my brother.

I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with You and  the Holy Spirt, One God, for ever and ever. Amen

Operatio:"reflect on "my yoke;" a yoke was often made out of wood and was used to join two oxen together to pull a load; if the yoke was not properly shaped, it would very painful, but Jesus said His yoke is easy which meant it was well fitting and therefore being yoked to Jesus, our burdens being shared with Him, they become light. In prayer thank Jesus for loving me so.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying to you/

Operatio:  reflect on " Son...reveal him”: to make known, Jesus made known His Father and the fact that He and the Father are One and that we are infinitely loved by the Father. In prayer seek the grace to live as I ought so that one day I shall see my God face to face and be with Him for all eternity.

Tomorrow's reading:  Mt 12.1-8               

No comments:

Post a Comment