Friday, July 12, 2013

Lectio: 7.12.13



Mt 10.24-33                                                                      

Meditatio: "Are not two sparrows sold for a small coin? Yet not one of them falls to the ground without your Father’s knowledge. Even all the hairs of your head are counted. Do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” Mt 10.29-30

Oratio: "O. God, You watch over us with loving care!               

I remember Your declared that You know the most intimate details about us and You even have numbered all our hairs - so well do You know us and care for us.

Grant that I may be ever grateful for Your loving concern and with You beside me to leave aside all my fears and trust in You and I will not be afraid.                      

I ask this and all things through Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God, for ever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence and meditate on the selected passage and hear what God is saying to you,

Operatio: reflect on "hairs... counted”; hyperbole - to make the point of how intimately God knows us; in prayer thank God for His loving care and seek the grace of knowing as St. Theresa did that all things are changing but You alone are changeless. Knowing this and knowing that You are always faithful and I can trust in Your saving love; I shall not be afraid.

Tomorrow's reading: Lk 10.25-37

No comments:

Post a Comment