Sunday, July 28, 2013

Lectio: 7.28.13



Jn 11: 19-27                           

Meditatio: "Jesus told her,’I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me, even if he dies, will live’.” Jn 11.25

Oratio:"O  God, how gracious and generous of You to give us everlasting life for so little on our part and for something that is so meaningful for us.

I remember Jesus told us that He is the resurrection and the life and if we believe in Him, even if we die, we will live - what a wonderful and great reward for simply accepting the gift of faith that God offers us.

Grant that I may be ever grateful for the gift of faith from God  and to those through whom I was exposed and brought to faith; and no matter the difficultly I face, to be always firmly with conviction say, ‘I believe, help my unbelief’.

Contemplatio: "believe...die...live”; death is not the end but the beginning of life everlasting for those who believe in Jesus; in prayer seek the grace to be always steadfast in my faith and to show it by living in accord with Jesus directive - the Great Law of Love - which Martha, whose memorial we celebrate on July 29th did and which she showed by her great hospitality.

Tomorrow's reading: Mt 13.36-43

No comments:

Post a Comment