Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Lectio for 7.02.13

7.02.13

Lectio: Jn 20:24-29                     

Meditatio: "Thomas answered and said to him, ‘My Lord and My God’!” Jn 20.28

Oratio: "O God, Your Son made it crystal clear who He was following His resurrection.

I remember that Thomas upon seeing Him uttered those beautiful and most meaningful words: ‘My Lord and My God!

Grant that I may always recognize Jesus in the Eucharist and proclaim Him as My Lord and My
God whenever He is elevated at the consecration.

I ask all things in the name of Jesus who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplation: spend a few moments in silence and reflect on the selected passage and its import for you.

Operatio: reflect on "My Lord....My God”; Thomas’ exclamation upon seeing the Risen Christ; another wonderful assurance that Jesus is God; in prayer thank God for the many ways He revealed to us the nature of His Son so that we would believe and have eternal life.

Tomorrow's reading: Mt 9.1-8             



No comments:

Post a Comment