Saturday, August 1, 2015

8.01.15



Lectio:  Jn 6.24-35                            

Meditatio: “Jesus said to them, ‘I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me will never hunger, and whoever believes in me will never thirst’.” Jn 6.35

Oratio: O God, You gave us life and You gave us the most precious of all gifts, You gave us Your Son.  Pray that I may always receive the Bread of Life, the Eucharist, worthily; for ths Gift is beyond all telling.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You.       
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence & meditate on the selected passage and hear what  God speaks to you,

Operatio:  reflect: "Jesus...I .. bread of life”; in His Bread of Life Discourse Jesus made it clear that He is the Bread that came down from Heaven and He is the source of eternal life. Seek this Bread always and reverently whenever possible for this is the Bread, the Eucharist,  that will sustain you on the journey to the Father and His kingdom. .

Tomorrow's reading: Mt 13-21

No comments:

Post a Comment