Sunday, August 9, 2015

8.09.15

   

Lectio: Jn 12.24-26                                                                                                             
                          
Meditatio: “Whoever serves me must follow me, and where I am, there also will my servant be. The Father will hone whoever serves me.” Jn 12.26

Oratio: O God, Jesus wants those who would serve Him to take up their cross daily, that is to do the will of His Father daily, and if they do, His Father will honor him. Pray to do the will of the Father each day and God will do the rest for us.

I ask this and all things in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with You
and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: spend some time in silence & meditate on the selected passage and hear what  God is saying to you.
 
Operatio: reflect: “serves....follow me...Father...honor”; if we wish to be a disciple of Jesus we must follow Him and as St. Lawrence whose feast we celebrate tomorrow experienced, the Father will honor them. Seek the grace to do the Father’s will always for therein is our greatness.

Tomorrow's reading: Mt 18.1-5, 10, 12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment