Monday, January 3, 2011

1/03/11

Lectio: Mk 6.34-44

Meditatio: “When he [Jesus] disembarked and saw the vast crowd, his heart was moved to pity for them, for they were like sheep without a shepherd, and he began to teach them many things.” Mk 6.334

Oratio: "O God, You made us in Your image but Your emotions are so much more powerful than ours.

I remember Jesus was moved to pity by a vast crowd and He first taught them to feed their spiritual needs and then fed them with five loaves and two fish to satisfy their physical needs - How awesome and how wonderful!

Grant that I may imitate Your Son and allow the energy of my emotions to prompt me to reach out to others in their needs.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my emotional package. See how they are powerful energy sources which can be used for good or cause evil. Resolve to use the energies of my emotions for the good of others and my own good.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 6.45-52

No comments:

Post a Comment