Wednesday, January 12, 2011

1/12 /11

Lectio: Mk 1. 40-45

Meditatio: “Moved with pity, he [Jesus] stretched out his hand, touched him, and said, ‘I do will it. Be made clean’.” Mk 1.41

Oratio: "O God, You gave us our emotions and they energize us and we are to use that energy to do good. .

I remember Jesus was moved by pity when he was approached by a leper, and He touched him - ignoring the taboo of the times - and He cured him.

Grant that I may always realize the energy of my emotions and the power of touch and use it appropriately for those who are suffering.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the power of touch. Do I use it to help others or only use to help myself? Resolve to imitate Jesus and extend a hand to others when they are in need knowing the energy to help will be provided by emotions.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 2.1-12

No comments:

Post a Comment