Tuesday, January 25, 2011

1/25/11

Lectio: Mk 4. 1-20

Meditatio: “But those sown on rich soil are the ones who hear the word and accept it and bear fruit thirty, sixty and hundredfold.” Mk 4.20

Oratio: "O God, Your plans for our salvation involve simple dynamics - hearing and accepting the Word.

I remember Jesus told a parable about the sower of seeds and He made it clear that those who heard Him and accepted what He said, would be known by the fruits they would produce.

Grant that I may cultivate my soul so that I am always open to the Word and always accept it by putting it into practice for that is the Way You have planned for how we will return to You.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the conditions of the soil of my soul. Where are the rocky parts? Where are their thorns growing? Where are hardened parts? Resolve to cultivate those areas and water them frequently with the graces of the living Word - The Eucharist.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 4.21-25

No comments:

Post a Comment