Sunday, January 9, 2011

1/09/11

Lectio: Mk 1. 14-20

Meditatio: “This is the time of fulfillment, the kingdom of God is at hand.” Mk 1.15

Oratio: "O God, You keep Your promises. This we can rely upon.

I remember when Jesus began His public ministry, he declared, ‘the kingdom of God is at hand.’ i.e., this is time when the promises You made to our forefathers in faith would come to be- and they did for Jesus ushered in Your kingdom here on earth.

Grant that I may always trust Your Word even though I do not see it happening on my watch.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on some of the times I was disappointed that God did not answer my prayers. Resolve to turn my disappointments over to Him and also allow Him to answer as He wishes and as He wills and not as I will.
Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 1.21-28

No comments:

Post a Comment