Sunday, January 16, 2011

1/16/11

Lectio: Mk 2. 18-22

Meditatio: “Jesus answered, ‘Can the wedding guests fast while the bridegroom is with them? As long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast’.” Mk 2.19

Oratio: "O God, You love us with an everlasting love and tenderly.

I remember Jesus used the bridal metaphor to proclaim the intimacy of the love He, and by implication, You, have for us.

Grant that I may respond as a worthy guest with a faithful and grateful love for the Trinity and for all Your creation.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the bridal metaphor. Let the joy of being a guest of Jesus at the heavenly wedding banquet sink in and enliven me for I am wonderfully blest.
Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 2.23-28

No comments:

Post a Comment