Sunday, January 23, 2011

1/23/11

Lectio: Mk 3.22-30


Meditatio: “But whoever blasphemes against the holy Spirit will never have forgiveness, but is guilty of an everlasting sin.” Mk 3.29

Oratio: "O God, You are all-merciful but we must be open to You in order to receive it.
I remember Jesus told the scribes who accused Him of casting out demons but the power fo the Prince of Demons that such an attitude on their part will prevent Your forgiveness. Why? The devil forgives no one only You can.

Grant that I may show I realize where mercy comes from and share the mercy I have received from You with others for that is the dynamics You wish and which gives You the praise and recognition You deserve.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the world and the activity around me. Do I see the good in it as coming from God? Do I extend the mercy I received to others. Resolve to give or attribute to God what is God’s or is God at work amongst us so that I may always be open to God’s mercy.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 16.15-18

No comments:

Post a Comment