Saturday, January 8, 2011

1/08/11

Lectio: Mt 3.13-17

Meditatio: “And a voice coming from the heavens, saying, ‘This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased’.” Mt 3.17

Oratio: "O God, You have made it so easy for us to be Your sons and daughters - simply do Your will.

I remember Jesus did Your will and was baptized by John in the Jordan to fulfill all righteousness; and You declared Him Your beloved Son.

Grant that I may always do Your will knowing that Jesus also declared that whoever does Your will is a mother, brother, sister to Him.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on Jesus’ baptism. Imagine being baptized in the Jordan and hearing those words: “You are my beloved.” Savor the moment and plumb the meaning for this is what happens at all baptisms.
Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 1.14-20

No comments:

Post a Comment