Monday, January 17, 2011

1/17/11

Lectio: Mk 2. 23-28

Meditatio: “Then he [Jesus] said to the, ‘The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath’.” Mk 2.27

Oratio: "O God, Your ways are for our good for we are made in Your image.

I remember Jesus told his religious critics that the Sabbath was made for man’s benefit while they had made their own rules and made man a slave to the Sabbath.

Grant that I may use the Lord’s day as it was intended from the beginning.
I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on how I use the Lord’s Day. Do I use it to re-energize my body and soul; or do I use it as an extra day of work. Resolve to keep it holy by using it as a God intended to refresh both body and soul.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 3.1-6

No comments:

Post a Comment