Monday, January 10, 2011

1/10/11

Lectio: Mk 1. 21-28

Meditatio: “All were amazed and asked one another, ‘What is this? A new teaching with authority. He commands even the unclean spirits and they obey him’.” Mk 1.27

Oratio: "O God, You imbued Your prophets with great power of tongue so that Your people would listen to the news You wanted them to hear and act upon.

I remember Jesus, the greatest of all the prophets, spoke and all were amazed at his authority and teachings and even the demons obeyed his commands. Sadly, although the people received the Good News with joy, their leaders would put Him to death.

Grant that I may always accept the teachings of the Pope and the bishops in union with him for these are the ones who speak for You today.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the Magisterium. Do I have an open heart to You or do I have selective hearing? Resolve to strive for a humble heart that is attuned to all You want of me.
Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 1.29-39

No comments:

Post a Comment