Sunday, January 30, 2011

1/30/11

Lectio: Mk. 5-1-20

Meditatio: “As he [Jesus] was getting into the boat, the man who had been possessed pleaded to remain with him.” Mk 5.18
Oratio: "O God, the good You do for us You expect us to spread around to others.
I remember Jesus refused to allow the Gerasene man whom he cured of possession by a Legion of demons, to follow him. Rather He told him go home to his family and tell them of the good news and the man not only did that he spread the good news throughout the ten cities of the area.

Grant that I may always show gratitude for the gifts I have received by sharing my time, talent and treasure with others in need.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”


Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the many gifts I have received. Give thanks to God for them and resolve to use them for the benefit of others in Jesus’ name.
Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 5. 21-43

No comments:

Post a Comment