Saturday, January 22, 2011

1/22/11

Lectio: Mt 4.12-17


Meditatio: “From that time on, Jesus began to preach and say, ‘Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand’.” Mt 4.17

Oratio: "O God, You want us to live in the present and respect and enjoy the present.
I remember Jesus’ message when He began His public ministry was ‘Repent’ which means turning away from evil and doing good. Jesus also added the reason ‘for the kingdom of heaven is at hand’ and not in the future. What a cause to celebrate now.

Grant that I may realize that my heart’s deepest longing is already being satisfied and may I live that truth.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on what is means that God’s kingdom is at hand. Resolve to allow this truth to energize me in my response to Jesus.


P.S. On this national day of prayer and penance please pray for an end of abortion which since its legalization in 1973 has taken the lives of over 50,000,000 unborn children.
Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 3.22-30

No comments:

Post a Comment