Friday, January 21, 2011

1/21/11

Lectio: Mk 3.20-21


Meditatio: “When his [Jesus’] relatives heard of this, they set out to seize him, for they said, ‘He is out of his mind’.” Mk 3.21

Oratio: "O God, Your ways are mysterious and not our ways.
I remember Your Son carried out His ministry in such a way that His relatives thought of Him that He ‘out of his mind’ - but He was only letting compassion be his guide when most would say, ‘Enough for today’.

Grant that I may imitate Your Son and allow the needs of others determine my priorities.
I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the passion Jesus had for His ministry and the passion that I have in mine. Resolve to let compassion be my driving force as it was for Jesus.
Tomorrow’s reading - Jn 14.15-21

No comments:

Post a Comment