Thursday, January 27, 2011

1/26/11

Lectio: Mk 4. 21-25

Meditatio: “He [Jesus] also told them, ‘Take care what you hear. The measure with which you measure, will be measured out to you, and still more will be given to you.” Mk 4. 24

Oratio: "O God, You are most generous with Your many gifts and especially Your gift of mercy.

I remember Jesus instructed His disciples that the measure they used will be the measure He will use in dealing with them plus so much more.

Grant that I may be generous in my giving to others and especially in the mercy I extend so that I in turn will receive mercy from You in full measure.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my gift of self. Do I give of myself generously to all or do I exclude some? Resolve to be generous towards others especially in showing mercy for that is Your way.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 4.26-34


1/27/11

Lectio: Mk 4. 26-34

Meditatio: “It [kingdom of God] is like a mustard seed, when it is sown, is the smallest of all the seeds on earth.” Mk 4. 31

Oratio: "O God, Your ways are not our ways. Your thoughts are not our thoughts.
I remember Jesus compared the kingdom of God to a mustard seed that takes root and grows from the smallest of seeds to the largest of plants. How different from our concept of a kingdom which is imposed by a strong ruler and is one of pomp and majesty.

Grant that I may realize that the soil is my heart and that it is there that Your wish to reign.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the state of my heart. How fertile is it for God’s word to grow? Is God number one for me or do I have a competing one? Resolve to let love be the soil of my heart and so all out of love for Love.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 4.35-41

No comments:

Post a Comment