Wednesday, January 19, 2011

1/19/11

Lectio: Mk 3.7-12


Meditatio: “He [Jesus] had cured many and, as a result, those who had diseases were pressing upon him to touch him.” Mk 3.10

Oratio: "O God, You are a merciful God and as a result, we do not fear to approach You.
I remember Your Son showed Your mercy by curing many and as a result, they did not fear but ‘were pressing upon him to touch him.’

Grant that I may be always in reverential awe at Your omnipotence and rejoice at Your gentleness.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the goodness and mercy of God. When has He shown it to me in the last few days? In prayer thank Him for his graciousness to me and to those whose lives I touch.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 3.13-19

No comments:

Post a Comment