Tuesday, January 18, 2011

1/18/11

Lectio: Mk 3.1-6

Meditatio: “Looking around at them with anger and grieved of heart, he [Jesus] said to the man, ‘Stretch out your hand.’ He stretched it out and his hand was restored.” Mk 3.5

Oratio: "O God, our hearts our hardened to our neighbors - Yet You do not harden Your heart against us.

I remember the religious leaders would not answer the question as to whether it was all right to do good on the Sabbath? Despite being grieved by their hardness of heart, Jesus went ahead and restored the withered hand of the man - And their response was to begin to plot how to get rid of him - Yet You did not strike them down on the spot. How merciful on Your part.

Grant that I may be open to Your and grateful for Your healing will and allow myself to be an instrument of it rather than an obstacle.
I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the state of my heart. Are there blind spots when it comes to the needs of others? Do I cite chapter and verse why I can’t help some. Resolve to be open to the needs of all and respond to them, allowing Jesus to bring about the good He desires for them.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 3.7-12

No comments:

Post a Comment