Friday, January 7, 2011

1/06/11

Lectio: Lk 5.12-16

Meditatio: “Jesus stretched out his hand, touched him and said, ‘I do will it. Be made clean, and the leprosy left him immediately.” Lk 5. 13

Oratio: "O God, Your Son was a very effective preacher, teacher and healer.
I remember a man full of leprosy pleaded with Jesus ot cure him and Jesus did and great crowds came to him and Jesus taught them and cured their illnesses.

Grant that I may realize the power of prayer and take my needs and the needs of others to You in them, and allow You to dispose of them as You will.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the power of prayer and my attitude towards it. Resolve to pray with confidence knowing if You will it, it will be.
Tomorrow’s reading - Jn 3.22-30


1/07/11

Lectio: Jn 3.22-30

Meditatio: “The one who has the bride is the bridegroom, the best man, who stands and listens for him, rejoices greatly at the bridegroom’s voice. So this joy of mine [John the Baptist] has been made complete.” Jn 3.29

Oratio: "O God, the great ones You sent for our salvation were humble of heart.
I remember John the Baptist, he last of the great prophets of the Old and the first of the New Testament, declared that Jesus was the bridegroom and that he was only the best man for Him.

Grant that I may always have a humble and contrite heart in my service to You and to others.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on I am before God and before others. Resolve to always be humble in whatever role I perform.
Tomorrow’s reading - Mt 3.13-17

No comments:

Post a Comment