Saturday, January 15, 2011

1/15/11

Lectio: Jn 1.29-34

Meditatio: “The next day, he [John the Baptist] saw Jesus coming toward him and said, ‘Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world’.” Jn 1.29

Oratio: "O God, You give all of us roles to carry out in this life even Your Son was not exempt.

I remember John the Baptist proclaimed to his followers that Jesus was ‘the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world’.

Grant that I may carry out the role You gave me as Your child at my baptism and be ‘Christ’s light to the world’. .

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on Jesus’ role as the Lamb of God and on the role given to me at my baptism. Resolve to carry out my role as faithfully and willingly as Jesus did for that is the best way to give praise and honor to my heavenly Father.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 2.18-22

No comments:

Post a Comment