Thursday, February 3, 2011

2/02/11

Lectio: Mk 6.7-13


Meditatio: “They went off and preached repentance.” Mk 6.12
Oratio: "O God, Your requirement for our salvation is simple - repent.
I remember when Jesus sent forth his disciples, he instructed them to preach ‘repentance.’
Grant that I may always turn back to You with all my heart when I have sinned, for that is the essence of repentance.
I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the state of my heart. Have I given it all to the Lord or am I holding something back? It the latter, ask for the grace to purge myself of this disservice so that I can love God with all my heart.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 6.14-29


2/03/11

Lectio: Mk 6.14-29


Meditatio: “The king [Herod] was deeply distressed, but because of his oaths and the guests, he did not wish to break his word to her.” Mk 6.26

Oratio: "O God, our ways often only partially emulate Your ways to our detriment.
I remember Herod had John beheaded because ‘he did not wish to break his word’ to Herodias’ daughter - how laudable to keep one’s word, but how tragic the result.
Grant that I may always keep my word when both the means and the end are good for that is Your way.
I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the maxim, “My word is my bond.” How do I apply it? Do I make it an absolute? Learn from the actions of Herod and willingly suffer embarrassment or misunderstanding if keeping my word would unjustly harm others.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 6.30-34

No comments:

Post a Comment