Friday, February 11, 2011

2/11/11

Lectio: Mk 8.1-10

Meditatio: “They ate and were satisfied. They picked up the fragments left over - seven baskets.” Mk 8.8kes the deaf hear and [the] mute speak’.” Mk 7.37

Oratio: "O God, How kind and concern You are for us.

I remember Jesus realized the 4000 people who had been following him for three days had nothing to eat and they were in a deserted place; so He fed them by multiplying 7 loaves and a few fish, and all ‘were satisfied’ and there was plenty left over.

Grant that I may imitate Jesus and do what I am able when confronted with misery or great need.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my response to those in need. Do I wring my hands of it saying what can I do in light of the great need? Or do I simply do what I am able? Resolve to all to the latter and let it up to God to work a miracle if that is what is needed.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mt 5.20-22, 27-28

No comments:

Post a Comment