Sunday, February 27, 2011

2/27/11

Lectio: Mk 10.17-27

Meditatio: “It is easier for a camel to pass through [the] eye of a needle than for one who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” Mk 10.25

Oratio: "O God, You know riches can give us a false since of security and cause us to rely on ourselves rather than on You the source of our riches and good.

I remember Jesus told his disciples that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle (a very narrow and low spot in a wall) than a rich person to enter Your kingdom; but even for the rich He held out hope, if they rely on You and not on themselves.

Grant that I may be always grateful for the good things I have and to You, the source of those good things.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my attitude towards temporal goods. Do I see them as blessings? Do I share them with others so that they, too, may be blest. Do I thank God the true source of them?

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 10.28-31

No comments:

Post a Comment