Monday, February 21, 2011

2/21/11

Lectio: M6.13-19

Meditatio: “I [Jesus] will give to you [Peter] the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth, shall be bound in heaven and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.” Mt 16.19

Oratio: "O God, You know our needs and You always provide for them.
I remember Jesus showed this when He appointed Peter to govern the church after He left this world.
Grant that I may always realize that the Pope as Peter’s successor has the authority of Christ to govern us.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the Pope and his role. If Christ were speaking to me, would I accept His words? I must always remember to accept the Pope’s words as if Jesus, Himself, were speaking to me for that is how the Father planned our salvation.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 9.38-40

No comments:

Post a Comment