Friday, February 25, 2011

2/24 /11

Lectio: Mk 10.13-16

Meditatio: “When Jesus saw this he became indignant, and said to them, ‘Let the children come to me, do not prevent them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these’.”
Mk 10.14

Oratio: "O God, You created us to be Your children - how gracious and loving of You.
I remember Jesus rebuked his disciples for preventing the children from coming to Him for He knew the importance of accepting Your kingdom with the total dependence of a child.
Grant that I may always respond to You as my Father and me as one of your beloved children.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my attitude towards God. Do I relate as a child? Or do I reflect a self-sufficiency? If the latter, resolve to address this by harkening to the words of Jesus and work on purifying my virtue of humility.

Tomorrow’s reading - M6 6.24-34

No comments:

Post a Comment