Friday, February 4, 2011

2/04/11

Lectio: Mk 6.30-34


Meditatio: “so they went off in the boat by themselves to a deserted place.” Mk 6.32

Oratio: "O God, You know that a quiet place is needed by us from time to time for prayer, reflection and for quality rest.

I remember after Jesus’ disciples returned from their first missionary journey, He took them to a quiet place to rest awhile. Sadly, the crowd did not respect their need and Jesus stood in the breach and ministered to the crowd.

Grant that I may always see the value of quiet time for both my physical and spiritual health.
I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the meaning of “quiet time.” Do I provide enough of it daily for myself? How much is enough? I believe “enough” is when I am able to spend quality time with people as well as with God.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mt 5.13-16

No comments:

Post a Comment