Friday, February 18, 2011

2/18/11

Lectio: Mk 9.2-13

Meditatio: “Then a cloud came, casting a shadow over them; then from the cloud came a voice, ‘This is my beloved Son. Listen to him’.” Mk 9.7

Oratio: "O God, You have given us five senses so we would come to know and the most important one is hearing.
I remember You made this clear at Jesus’ Transfiguration when You spoke from a cloud to his disciples and told Peter, James and John to listen to Him for He is Your beloved Son.
Grant that I may always listen to the word of God and put it into practice.
I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on how well I listen to God’s words? Who speaks them to me? Do I listen and put them into practice?
Tomorrow’s reading - Mt 5.38-48

No comments:

Post a Comment