Tuesday, February 8, 2011

2/08/11

Lectio: Mk 7.14-23

Meditatio: “Nothing that enters one from the outside can defile that person; but the things that come from within are what defile.” Mk 7. 15

Oratio: "O God, all You created is good; but it is only our misuse or abuse that results in evil.

I remember Jesus taught this to His disciples when He abrogated the Jewish dietary laws saying that nothing which comes from the outside can defile a man but only what arises within.

Grant that I may always realize that all creation is good and to always respect it.
I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on “things that arise within are what defile.” Examine my motives. Realize that all creation is good. Then resolve to let love guide me in the use of all things.
Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 7.24-30

No comments:

Post a Comment