Monday, February 7, 2011

2/07/11

Lectio: Mk 7.1-13

Meditatio: “He [Jesus] responded, ‘Well did Isaiah prophesy about you hypocrites, as it is written, “ This people honors me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.” Mk 7. 6

Oratio: "O God, You gave us everything but sadly we do not respond to You with the same generous spirit.

I remember Jesus told the scribes and pharisees that they only honor God with their lips but no with their hearts.
Grant that I may always give You praise and worship and honor from my heart.
I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on how I keep God’s commandments and Beatitudes. Are there any for which I only pay lip service? If so, determine how to interiorize them and then, do so.
Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 7.14-23

No comments:

Post a Comment