Monday, February 28, 2011

2/28/11

Lectio: Mk 10.28-31

Meditatio: “But many that are first, will be last, and [the] last will be first.” Mk 10.31

Oratio: "O God, Your ways are not our ways and in fact they are often ther reverse. I remember Jesus proclaimed to Peter that the first will be last and the last will be first - how contrary to our way of thinking - but how pointed for Jesus was addressing those who are presumptuous of their claim of His Father’s kingdom.

Grant that I may be do my best to be open to the Father’s kingdom and accept whatever He has in store for me

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my expectations as to God’s kingdom. Do I presume I have a claim above others? If so, I must disabuse myself of this thought because the kingdom is a gift and God is the Giver. I can only hope to be a recipient of this gift but I cannot presume I will receive it.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 10.32-45

No comments:

Post a Comment