Saturday, February 12, 2011

2/11/11

Lectio: Mt 5.20-22, 27-28

Meditatio: “But I say to you, whoever is angry with his brother, will be liable to judgment.” Mt 5.22a

Oratio: "O God, You know us and You know our emotions can prompt us to good as intended; or to evil if not controlled.

I remember Jesus instructed his disciples against anger being directed against people as He knew anger is one of the chief reasons we commit sin including the most grievous one of murder.

Grant that I may be grateful and rejoice in my emotional package as God’s gift and use the energy given to me by them for good.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on when anger rises within me. How do I handle it? Do I practice the virtue of forbearance and readily let go of a hurt, real or imagined, for the sake of a higher good such as peace or love? If I do not always do so, perhaps it is not yet an ingrained habit which takes time and practice and when it is, that virtue instead of anger will kick in when I am tired or stressed.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 8.11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment