Sunday, February 6, 2011

2/06/11

Lectio: Mk 6.53-56

Meditatio: “Whatever villages or towns or countryside he [Jesus] entered, they laid their sick in the marketplaces and begged him that they might touch only the tassel of his cloak; and as many as touched it were healed.” Mk 6. 56

Oratio: "O God, You love us even though we are so fickle at times.

I remember when Jesus healed the man possessed by demons ( Legion) and sent the demons into the swineherd, the people of Gennesaret begged Jesus to leave them. When Jesus next returned, they brought their sick to him and begged to touch the tassel of His cloak so that they might be healed. What a difference time makes!

Grant that I may always be steadfast in my faith.
I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the times Jesus did not answer my prayers the way I thought He should or when I thought He should. How did I respond? How should I have responded? Resolve to let God be God in all things even those things that are near and dear to me.
Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 7.1-13

No comments:

Post a Comment