Thursday, February 24, 2011

2/23/11

Lectio: Mk 9.41-50

Meditatio: “Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe [in me] to sin, it would be better for him, if a great millstone were put around his neck and he were thrown into the sea.” Mk 9.42

Oratio: "O God, You know the evil and negative effect bad example has and especially on the weak of faith.

I remember Jesus warned his disciples about bad example saying that before giving it to a little one, it would be better that person be drowned.
Grant that I may ever mindful of the effects of my words and my actions on others and especially on the weak. .

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my the example I give to others. Do I even if only unintentionally give bad example? Or through being careless? Resolve to be in all my ways Christ’s light to others.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 10.1-12



2/24/11

Lectio: Mk 10.1-12

Meditatio: “Therefore what God has joined together, no human being must separate.”
Mk 10.9

Oratio: "O God, in Your wisdom You decreed from the beginning that marriage was to be permanent for the sake of the couple and for any children that may result from their relationship.

I remember Jesus confirmed this when He was tested by the Pharisees, declaring it was Your intent from the beginning that no human being separate the two who had joined themselves in marriage.

Grant that I may ever mindful of the effects of my words and my actions on others and especially on the weak. .

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the fact that the very fundamental meaning of the institution is now under attack and resolve to do my part to uphold the sanctity of marriage as it was intended from the beginning to be permanent and between a man and a woman so that the human race might be perpetuated.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 10.13-16

No comments:

Post a Comment