Thursday, February 17, 2011

2/16/11

Lectio: Mk 8.27-33

Meditatio: “And he [Jesus] asked them, ‘But who do you say that I am?’ Peter said in reply, ‘You are the Messiah’.” Mk 8.29

Oratio: "O God, You sent Your Son as one of us so that we would not be intimidated by majesty and that we would be open to Your message.

I remember Jesus identified Himself as the Son of Man and the Messiah.
Grant that I may always appreciate how easy it is to draw near to Jesus as He wants us to learn of Him for He is gentle and humble of heart and desires only our salvation.
I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on Who do I say the Son of Man is? How did I come to know this? How do I recognize Him today?
Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 8.34-9.1

2/17/11

Lectio: Mk 8.34-9.1

Meditatio: “What profit is there for one to gain the whole world and forfeit his life?”
Mk 8.36

Oratio: "O God, Your ways are not our ways.
I remember Jesus taught that earthly gain does not translate into real gain - eternal life.
Grant that I may always put His words into practice as I toil in this life for that is the way to great and true profit.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on Why I work? How and for Whom? Resolve that WWJD will always shape my earthly work.
Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 9.2-13

No comments:

Post a Comment