Sunday, February 13, 2011

2/13/11

Lectio: Mk 8.11-13

Meditatio: “He [Jesus] sighed from the depth of his spirit and said, ‘Why does this generation seek a sign? Amen I say to you, no sign will be given to this generation’.” Mk 8.12

Oratio: "O God, You know reality is better than a sign.
I remember Jesus refused to give the religious elite a sign that the kingdom of God is at hand for He, Himself, was the reality of it and He had demonstrated this by His many miracles including His most recent one of feeding 4000 with 7 loaves and few fish.

Grant that I may rejoice in living in an age in which the Kingdom of God is present.
I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect. Do I act like the kingdom of God is present? Do I do my part to convey this joy to others? How? Could I do it better?
Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 8.14-21

No comments:

Post a Comment