Saturday, February 19, 2011

2/19/11

Lectio: Mt 5.38-48

Meditatio: “So be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect.” Mt 5.48

Oratio: "O God, You want us to imitate Your ways.
I remember Jesus made this clear in His Sermon on the Mount when He told His disciples to be perfect as You are perfect.

Grant that I may realize that at the core of Your perfection is ‘love’ and ‘mercy’ and that I can always practice these virtues in dealing with others.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on Christ’s call to be perfect as his Father is perfect. Do I love others selflessly? Do I reign in any urge to retaliate when someone hurts me? Am I really willing to go the extra mile for others? Unless “yes” is the answer to all these questions, I need to work on where I am lacking.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 9.14-29

No comments:

Post a Comment