Tuesday, February 22, 2011

2/22/11

Lectio: Mk 9.38-40

Meditatio: “Jesus repled, ‘Do not prevent him. There is no one who performs a mighty deed in my name who can at the same time speak ill of me’.” Mk 9.39
Oratio: "O God, You know our jealousies can lead to intolerance - something You do not want of Your children.
I remember Jesus refused John’s request to prevent an exorcist from doing his work in Jesus’ name since he was not of their company.
Grant that I may rejoice and be grateful for the good accomplished by our separated Christian brothers and sisters.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my attitude towards Protestants. Do I rejoice in the good they do? Do I pray that one day we will be united with them?

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 9.41-50

No comments:

Post a Comment