Saturday, February 5, 2011

2/05/11

Lectio: Mt 5.13-16

Meditatio: “Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father.” Mk 5. 16

Oratio: "O God, You give so much to us and especially the gift of faith; but these gifts are not to be hoarded.

I remember Jesus told his disciples that they are the light to the world and they are to do good so that others will come to know You and give You glory.

Grant that I may use the gifts I have received from You first, for You, second, for others and third, for self.
I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the many gifts I have received. Have I used them well so that others are attracted to God? Have I made myself the primary beneficiary of any of the gifts received? Which ones? Resolve to begin to use those gifts for the greater honor and glory of God and for the good of others for that is what Jesus, my brother, desires.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 6.53-56

No comments:

Post a Comment