Monday, February 14, 2011

2/14/11

Lectio: Mk 8.14-21

Meditatio: “Do you have eyes and not see, ears and not hear? And do you not remember? Mk 8.18

Oratio: "O God, Your ways are mysterious but you have given us the faculties to appreciate them.

I remember when Jesus’ disciples thought He was upset because they only had one loaf of bread in the boat, Jesus responded to them by reminding them they had eyes, ears and memory and all of these have shown that having little is enough for Jesus.

Grant that I may always use my faculties to reinforce my faith.
I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on a recent miraculous happening of a man named, Bill. Did I not see Jesus at work through his family and the medical team that cared for him? Did I not hear his voice in the prayers they lifted up for him? May I always be grateful for having witnessed these events.

Tomorrow’s reading - Mk 8.22-26

P.S. Happy Valentine’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment