Wednesday, September 7, 2011

9/07/11

Lectio: Mt 1.1-16, 18-23

“Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, of her was born Jesus, who is called the Messiah.” Mt 1.16

“O God, genealogies are boring to us but important for historical reasons.
I remember Jesus’ genealogy as recorded by Matthew showed that Jesus was a descendant of the King David - a very important theological truth.
Grant that I may be open to what You revealed in Sacred Scripture for it is meant for my salvation.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on “Sacred Scripture” - God’s words; meant for me and for all; In prayer ask for the grace to approach Scripture with openness and delight knowing God wants His words to be heard and digested by all.

Tomorrow’s readings: Lk 6.39-42

No comments:

Post a Comment