Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11/11

Lectio: Lk 7.1-10

“Therefore, I did not consider myself worthy to come to you, but say the word and let my servant be healed.” Lk 7.7

“O God, although we are unworthy, You want us to come to You and You will always listen to us.

I remember a gentile centurion told Jesus that he was unworthy to come to Him but Jesus did and He healed his servant - how striking Jesus’ actions and the centurion’s faith.

Grant that I may readily imitate the Centurion and seek Your help in my need and my unworthiness, for You are always there for me and You will give me what I truly need.
I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on “approaching God” - presumptuous, unworthy; but God beckons. In prayer ask for the grace to always turn to God and go to Him in my needs - spiritual and physical - knowing He will always welcome me and will grant me what I or those for whom I pray truly need.

Tomorrow’s readings: Lk 7.11-17

No comments:

Post a Comment